Pages

Monday, November 21, 2005

Seven Years Bad Luck


Look what I did. I broke a mirror on Saturday morning. The last thing I need right now is seven years bad luck. This term has had too much that is bad. Sadly, the weekend had a fair share of bad luck, which I attribute to my poor mirror:

1) Intending to go to the city to shop on Saturday, I woke up at 8am, broke the mirror, and then discovered that the roadies who are currently digging up my street had turned my water off. So my plans for the day were scuppered. I stayed in and did some work and felt cold.

2) Something else happened last night, which I can't write about here, in case it's read. Suffice it to say that things are not as they seemed. But although I am unhappy at the piece of news, the person giving it to me seemed very happy indeed, and that is more important. After I heard what this person said, I went and listened to Nine Inch Nails, turned up very loud, and felt like I was 16 again.

I feel quite blue and alone today. Need some love. And need to reign my imagination back in. Tonight, I am going to run the broken mirror under cold water, and bury it in the soil. Apparently that reverses the bad luck. I don't want anymore bad luck. Things need to start going right, soon.

No comments: