Pages

Friday, November 11, 2005

100MpH

PHEW! What an absolutely MAD week. It's been good though. It's not often that I feel totally worn out at week's end through hard work, so I am enjoying this sleepy Friday feeling (instead of the usual Friday feeling, which is euphoric at the prospect of two days away from my desk).

Today, I had no idea what I wanted to do in any of my three classes, but they all came together swimmingly well at the last minute, which is always a great feeling. The teachers seemed happy with what I did, the kids seemed interested, so all in all they were good lessons.

Tonight, I plan on being alone for the first Friday in.... a long time. Not so long ago, I was moaning because I always seemed to be at home on a Friday, but then things took off, and I found that my house was always full of guests. Which was great, I love having people over. But this weekend, I am bowing out of the social scene, and having a weekend in on my own to get some sleep, watch some films, and do some.... JAPANESE STUDY!

Yes, the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) is but a scant three weeks on Sunday, and I am woefully unprepared. I don't expect to pass (not being a martyr, I simply don't know enough to pass), but I can try my best. And I also have a bet with Stu that if I pass, he has to stop drinking for a week, or a month's worth of weekends, or something like that. If I fail, I have to send (yes, SEND) him a crate of beer. So there's an incentive if ever there was one.

Studying comes tomorrow, though. Tonight, it's me, some beer, my blankets, the rain outside, and some films. Bliss.

Love to you all, see you soon!

No comments: