Pages

Monday, April 03, 2006

On Being a Parent

Well, not really, you understand. But these last couple of weeks, I feel like I have actually had a couple of knowledge-thirsty kids trailing along in my wake, since Mum and Dad touched down on Japan's shores in late March!

Not that I grudge all the questions at all. It's been an interesting role reversal, me having to explain a different way of life to them, having to read restaurant menus to them, having to teach them how to enter a house properly, how to draw money out of the bank... I've loved having them here, and I'm glad they've been able to meet all the people who are so important to me out here, and see all the places that I hold dear to my heart. We still have one big day of action left in us, we're rafting tomorrow with Dave and his brother Michael, which I am psyched about, and then it'll be time to wave them goodbye on Wednesday afternoon. The holiday has gone at breakneck pace, and I feel like another holiday, but it's been a grand way to spend my last sakura season in Japan. I think they have enjoyes themselves too, but I rather doubt they'll be dabbling in Japanese cookery when they get back home... not quite to their taste!

I also have my parent's blessing to pursue further studies in Australia after my Japan dream comes to an end. It's not like I HAD to have them give me the ok, but their being happy with what I do with my life is important to me, so I'm glad that they are comfortable with some of the decisions I have made since I last saw them at Christmas.

I haven't time for much else at the moment. I have a lot to say, though, so I may write a longer more in-depth post in a few days. For now, I have an enkai to go to tonight, and then hitting up the river tomorrow! Yee haa!

Kirsty, thanks for the comment, sweetie, love ya loads!

No comments: